Box braids are the quintessential hairstyle for women who need versatility.
Firstly, Box braids are defined by its “boxy” or square-shaped hair parts, this individual braided hairstyle has been a go-to for black women for many years. Famous faces, including Brandy, Patra, Janet Jackson, Solange and Zoë Kravitz, have all made the look even more popular.
Secondly, routine form, – but not really in Box braids are so appealing because they are low maintenance, can be worn in countless styles with or without hair extensions and they work great for those with hair that’s either natural or chemically-straightened. Then again, Not to mention, these braids can last for months when properly taken care of, which makes them ideal for any time of year.
Furthermore, Whether you’re currently rocking box braids or considering booking a salon appointment to get this popular ‘do, scroll through the photos below for hairstyle inspiration.
Find more inspiring hair braiding styles (braided hair) on here.
- 1 Half-Up, Half-Down TopknotGetty Images
- 2 Half-Up, Half-Down TopknotGetty Images
- 3 Half-Up, Half-Down TopknotGetty Images
- 4 Side-Swept StrandsGetty Images
- 5 Side-Swept StrandsGetty Images
- 6 Side-Swept StrandsGetty Images
- 7 Side-Swept StrandsGetty Images
- 8 Center-PartedGetty Images
- 9 Center-PartedGetty Images
- 10 Long & FlowyGetty Images
- 11 Long & FlowyGetty Images
- 12 ChignonGetty Images
- 13 High PonytailGetty Images
- 14 Ballerina BunGetty Images
- 15 Ballerina BunGetty Images
- 16 Ballerina BunGetty Images
- 17 Messy Ballerina BunASSOCIATED PRESS
- 18 Moreover, Fishtail PonytailGetty Images
- 19 Faux HawkGetty Images
- 20 Next, French Braid UndercutGetty Images
CORRECTION: Now, A previous version of this article misidentified actress Tia Mowry as her sister, Tamera Mowry.